Practices in both Tracks 1 and 2 are required to adopt the following health IT to participate in CPC+:
- Practices should adopt the certified health IT modules that meet the definition of CEHRT according to the timeline and requirements finalized for use in CMS programs supporting CPC+ Practice Frequently Asked Questions certified EHR use (e.g., EHR Incentive Programs). Consistent with these programs, practices can use either 2015 Edition or 2014 Edition technology in 2017 but must use only 2015 Edition technology starting in 2018.
Practices in both Tracks 1 and 2 also need to meet certain technology requirements in order to report on required electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) under the program:
- Practices will need to adopt health IT certified to the (c)(1) – (c)(3) certification criteria for all of the electronic clinical quality measures in the CPC+ measure set. As with the overall CEHRT requirements, practices should follow the requirements and timeline of the EHR Incentive Program (i.e., practices can use either 2015 Edition or 2014 Edition technology in 2017 but must use only 2015 Edition technology starting in 2018).
- For the CPC+ measures, practices must use the latest annual measure update. For instance, for the 2017 performance period, practices must use the eCQM specifications contained in the 2016 annual update, released in April 2016 (https://www.cms.gov/regulations-andguidance/legislation/ehrincentiveprograms/ecqm_library.html).
- Practices must be able to filter their electronic clinical quality measure data by practice site location and TIN/NPI beginning in 2017. Beginning in 2018, practices will demonstrate their ability to conduct this filtering by adopting 2105 Edition health IT certified to the criterion found at 45 CFR 170.315(c)(4).
To support specific Track 2 enhanced health IT functions, Track 2 practices will also be expected to meet two additional certified technology requirements:
- Adopt health IT certified to the 2015 Edition “Care Plan” criterion found at 45 CFR 170.315(b)(9) by January 1, 2019 (the beginning of performance year (PY) 3 of CPC+).
- Adopt health IT certified to the 2015 Edition “Social, Behavioral, and Psychosocial Data” criterion found at 45 CFR 170.315(a) (15) by January 1, 2019 (the beginning of performance year 3 of CPC+).
Reach us today to learn how we can help you.